Today, I discovered in conversation with coworkers that they where having trouble with IOS 6 email flag. The issue was that the Flag was not an option for exchange accounts, or more accurately G-mail and Google apps accounts set up as exchange accounts. at the same time, most of mine where working fine, and many web searches turned up no fixes. This lead me to take the time to find out why mine works, and to fix theirs, here is the solution.
- Select the Settings Icon. for those whom want a reference, for the icon’s appearance look to the attached picture.
- From there go into your settings for “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
- Then you will go to your settings for the mail box you wish to change, in my case I am changing the one labeled “Public AB.ME”,
- From here your going to go into the account option panel, it is the top option on this screen.
- Here, the problem seems to be with the lack of a Domain set up, so you going to add your domain.
- for Google apps customers, you can use your domain name, for regular Gmail users just enter Google. (not google.com as some people report issues with that) gmail.com also seems to work for Gmail users. also, Gmail users, make sure to enter the entire email address as your username. example [email protected] and not just Fake.
That should fix the issue with the flag option being missing in your email accounts on your new install of IOS 6. any questions or comments please feel free to ask below, or contact me, i am sure you can find an email address in one of the pictures above.